Why does your doctor hate alternative medicine?
Here's how one pediatric surgeon put it: "CT scans are like mini-Hiroshima bombs, four such scans on a kid are equivalent to the radiation exposure that the survivors were subjected to in 1945." Statistics suggest that 1 to 2 out of a hundred people ...
Natural ways to fight radiation
South End News
A good site to learn more can be found at: http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/03/14/post-primer-how-iodine-tablets-help-protect-against-radiation-exposure/ Overall, keeping your immune system healthy is a good approach to minimizing your risk of ...
In a public hearing of the Senate committee on health and demography on the effects of possible radiation exposure from the Fukushima nuclear plant, Dr. Romeo Quijano, University of the Philippines professor at the Dept. of Pharmacology and Toxicology, ...
Chicago protect yourself from possible radiation exposure
All Cell Detox, the single herbs and liquid bentanite clay are available at a top quality herbal supplement company called Nature Sunshine. You can order online at: www.mynsp.com/motheknowsbest Keep these tips in mind for protection against radiation: ...
Radiation: Correcting the misinformation, Natural ways to reduce your dose
... take herbs like chrysanthemum, dandelion and peppermint. 6. Medically-supervised detoxification programs to support healthy cleansing well-being. And of course, red wine is another healthy way for adults to decrease radiation exposure because of ...
(3/2011) Radiation Exposure Protection
Basil & Spice
6) The Wisdom of the Herb Schools provides extensive guidance on how to turn back radiation exposure. "As you've probably heard, there may be some radiation moving across the pacific in the next weeks heading towards the west coast from Japan. ...
Dr. Mao's Wellness Central: Radioactivity and Your Health
Santa Monica Mirror
I have been asked how much medical diagnostic radiation exposure is healthy; let's put it in context. If the average acceptable exposure per person is 1 mSv per year– which let's say it's equal to a truckload–then a simple chest X-ray is about 0.03 ...
How to Protect Yourself from Radiation Exposure
Rocklin and Roseville Today
Japanese health authorities are passing out iodine tablets to those in the vicinity of these reactors -- as it is common knowledge that the thyroid gland is a weak spot when it comes to radiation exposure. By supplementing with iodine it is taken up by ...
Tablets come in two strengths, 130 milligram (mg) and 65 mg. The tablets are scored so they may be cut into smaller pieces for lower doses. Each milliliter (ml) of the oral liquid solution contains 65 mg of KI. According to the FDA, the following doses are appropriate to take after internal contamination with (or likely internal contamination with) radioactive iodine:
- Adults should take 130 mg (one 130 mg tablet OR two 65 mg tablets OR two mL of solution).
- Women who are breastfeeding should take the adult dose of 130 mg.
- Children between 3 and 18 years of age should take 65 mg (one 65 mg tablet OR 1 mL of solution). Children who are adult size (greater than or equal to 150 pounds) should take the full adult dose, regardless of their age.
- Infants and children between 1 month and 3 years of age should take 32 mg (½ of a 65 mg tablet OR ½ mL of solution). This dose is for both nursing and non-nursing infants and children
- Newborns from birth to 1 month of age should be given 16 mg (¼ of a 65 mg tablet or ¼ mL of solution). This dose is for both nursing and non-nursing newborn infants
Main Talking Points:
- Do not take emergency potassium iodide – it will harm you
- There is more to radiation than the radioactive iodine 131
- Other radiation isotopes include uranium, plutonium and cesium
- Radioactive iodine 131 has a half life of about 8 days
- Radioactive iodine 131 is really only an issue for people next to a nuclear event
- Uranium, plutonium and cesium have half-lives of about 30 years, so we need to be somewhat concerned about this form of radiation.
- Radioactive iodine 131 could possibly affect people in America if they are iodine deficient, then supplementing with 100 to 150 micrograms (not milligrams) of iodine per day may be warranted
- The supplement dose is 1/1000 of a dose of emergency iodine
- We can get extra iodine by eating seaweed and seafood, or taking a health food store supplement, to increase our background levels of iodine, slowly, and naturally
- If you have an autoimmune problem, or any thyroid issues at all, you must contact your doctor before taking any iodine supplement
- For the other three radioactive elements, we can take glutathione supplementation and SOD.
- The kidneys are at risk from radioactive isotopes, and one way to help them is to take baking soda between meals, a couple times a day.